14 Jul 2007

Samosas, strawberries and cow milking at the convent

Yesterday afternoon More Hall Convent, Randwick opened its doors for a garden party.

Here are some of the photos of the afternoon there - cream teas, the chance to play skittles, listen to a couple of bands, Lucky Dip, plants, strawberries and cream, samosas (possibly the best I've ever tasted - had to take several home to eat that evening, now wish I'd bought the lot!)....

...anyhow it was good to meet people including various neighbours and a couple who had moved into Townsend 2 weeks ago from Bristol.

The woman in this photo here is former Whiteshill Councillor Eileen Lister. I was able to have a brief talk with her about how things have changed since she was on the Council.



The photo of me with the cow - well it was Jane Godsells cow - a Westrip resident famous for her cheeses - shes also a Parish councillor and does in fact have many cows - I first met her some years ago when she opened her farm for a visit - and also helped demonstrate against supermarket milk prices.

Anyhow the idea of the cow in the photo was to see how much water you could milk in 30 seconds - when I left at 4.15 I was still winning with 700ml despite a false start!

No comments: